You need to contact your insurer for Pre-authorisation as soon as you are referred to have the following treatments unless it is an emergency. If it is an emergency, you, your family or your friend can notify the insurer on your behalf within 48 hours.
- In-patient treatment
- Maternity (if covered)
- Mental Health
- MRI and CT Scans
- Pain Management
- Evacuation and Repatriation
- Medical expenses exceeding RMB 10,000 per visit
- Other treatments listed on your policy
How to get Pre-authorised
- Call 24 hours hotline (at least 2 working days ahead if non-emergency)
- Fill in the Pre-authorisation form
- Email the form and related medical reports to your insurer
Some of the hospitals/clinics can help arrange pre-authorisation for the member directly. You can consult your doctor or the medical facility and see if they can contact your insurer and arrange it for you.